Hey people, Iron Man 3 was just officially released in my homeland of America, kicking off the summer season of over-budgeted mega-blockbusters to a great start (I'd say beating The Avengers at the international box office is a pretty big deal). So I thought it'd be fun to play the ol' guess the box office game that I've seen many bloggers participate in. I've never done it, so who knows what could happen? H'yuk!
Here are the rules for the points system, if anyone wants to play along (if you don't this part pretty much doesn't matter):
- Pick 1-10 movies you think will top the summer box office (May through August)
- 13 points for getting 1 or 10 exactly correct
- 10 points for getting 2-9 exactly correct
- 7 points if movie was one spot away
- 5 points if movie was two spots away
- 3 points if movie was anywhere the top ten
- 1 point for each dark horse (pick three)
So what do you think? I mean, it's kind of unfair to start this now seeing as some of Iron Man's numbers have already come in, but screw you, this is my blog, I do what I want! But it'd be awesome if someone played along...anyone...(cries).
Here are my picks in descending order:
1. Iron Man 3
2. Monsters University
3. Man of Steel
4. Star Trek Into Darkness
5. The Lone Ranger
6. The Hangover Part III
7. The Heat
8. Despicable Me 2
9. Fast and Furious 6
10. Pacific Rim
World War Z
The Smurfs 2
I'll be getting the final numbers from Box Office Mojo throughout the summer, and will tally everything up sometime in September. So if you're so inclined, write your list in the comments section and we'll see who will reign victorious.