Thursday, April 4, 2013

RIP Roger Ebert

Just some quick parting words...

At this point, I've been reviewing movies for almost six years.  In that time I've gained a lot of knowledge, and plan to continue shoving useless movie trivia into my head for the years to come.  I've also tried to get better at writing about movies and learning about movie criticism as a platform of expression all its own.  Roger Ebert, probably one of the most famous movie critics of all time, was always a go-to source on this movie-watching "journey" of mine.  Even if I didn't agree with his opinion, he always had something interesting to say, while balancing the line between scholarly analysis and fun speculation (especially if he hated a movie).

I know this blog is barely a speck in the Internet stratosphere, but I'm proud of it, and it was people like Roger Ebert that helped inspire me along the way.  Whether it was catching his show at some obscure hour of the day or going through his volumes of written reviews, I always felt his passion and knowledge shine through.  You will be missed sir.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...